Now in its fourth year, the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) program has developed a specific stream of funding that will be focused on building code adoption and enforcement. The Agency has made available up to $2 million per state and territory and up to $25 million for tribal governments.
Click here for an ICC fact sheet on the FY2023 BRIC program.
BRIC Building Code Activities
Codes Plus Up funding must, and Base Allocations funding can be used to support eligible building code activities. The period of performance for all BRIC grants is 36 months unless FEMA approves an alternative scope. Funding can be used for:
- Purchasing print or online publications to support building code activities.
- Code official training and certification, including ICC’s When Disaster Strikes Institute.
- Electronic permitting, virtual inspection technology, and remote building codes
- Building department accreditation.
- Consulting services to support activities related to building codes, including adoptions and updates.