The City of Reading is seeking applicants for Zoning Administrator.
• Reviews applications for Zoning Permit and approves or denies in accordance with the Zoning Ordinance.
• Acts on complaints received and violations observed. Requests or orders compliance verbally and/or in writing. Prepares case and arranges for prosecution of violators before District Justice.
• Appears before the Planning Commission, Zoning Hearing Boards, the Reading Redevelopment Authority and the Historic Preservation Review Board to present plans.
• Attends, coordinates and participates in day and evening community meetings, public hearings and other official meetings and events as required.
• Performs official program administration including approval of all written reports, applications, official forms and documents.
• Assists preparation of amendments to the Zoning Ordinance for review by the Planning Commission.
• Ensure all planning, zoning and economic development activities are carried out in accordance with federal, state and local laws, policies and regulations.
• Administers the planning, zoning, historic preservation, business development and economic development of the City of Reading.
• Assures accountability of subordinate staff for program performance and supervises the work of subordinates.
• Maintain statistical data for reports relative to zoning matters
• Perform other duties as assigned:
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field
• At least 8 years of related experience in planning and zoning
• Knowledge of basic law through education or experience
• Basic understanding of Planning theory and municipal government
• Technical training in plan reading
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
• Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License