PENNBOC REGION 1 TRAINING COURSE
Topic: 2018 IFC & IBC Hazardous Materials Provisions
Description: The 2018 IFC® and IBC® Hazardous Materials Provisions seminar addresses requirements for buildings utilizing hazardous materials and requiring coordination between the fire and building codes. It reviews the requirements found in Chapters 50 through 67 of the International Fire Code® (IFC®), as well as Chapter 3, and Sections 414 and 415 of the International Building Code® (IBC®). The goal of this seminar is for participants to examine the application of code requirements in the 2018 IFC and the 2018 IBC to determine compliance for the storage use, handling and dispensing of hazardous materials.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Locate and describe applicable hazardous materials in the 2018 IFC and 2018 IBC.
- Classify materials as to their appropriate hazard and determine allowable exempt amounts for each material.
- Explain conditions which exempt a structure from Group H occupancy classifications.
- Define control areas and identify when control areas can be applied as an alternative to Group H classification.
- Define the Group M display and Group S storage option for certain hazardous materials as an alternative to a Group H classification.
- Determine when a building or structure should be classified as Group H occupancy.
- Describe how each Group H classification impacts corresponding height and area limitations, mixed uses and means of egress for a building or structure.
Continuing Ed: This training session is 6 hours and offers .6 CEU’s.
Date: September 8, 2022
Time: Membership meeting starts at 8:00 AM & training starts at 8:30 AM
Location: 315 York Road, Willow Grove, Pa. 19090, 2nd Floor Community Room
Cost: $50.00 for members (log into your PENNBOC account)
Register: All attendees must register online. No mail-in registrations are accepted. Registration closes Sep 2nd
Questions? Contact Paul Purtell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 267-607-1034.
Be sure you are logged into your PENNBOC account to register as a member.