PENNBOC REGION 1 TRAINING COURSE
Topic: 2018 IBC Fire & Life Safety Principles
Description: This seminar addresses the critical concepts of the 2018 IBC regarding fire and life safety issues. These concepts provide a basis for the correct use of the code in building planning, classification of buildings and occupancies, fire-resistance-rated construction, fire protection systems and means of egress. The content addresses issues that are necessary for many designs and plan review decisions. During this training, participants will be listening to lecture and viewing examples, as well as discussing sections of the IBC that pertain to fire and life safety principles in building. They will participate in activities that involve a set of discussion, quizzes, questions and answers individually and in groups.
- Classify uses into occupancy groups.
- Determine the type of construction of a proposed building.
- Calculate actual and allowable building height and floor area.
- Identify required fire-resistance-rated assemblies.
- Determine interior finish requirements.
- Identify any fire protection systems required.
- Determine means of egress design and component requirements
Continuing Ed: This training session is 6 hours and offers .6 CEU’s.
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2022
Time: Membership meeting starts at 7:30 AM & training starts at 8:00 AM
Location: 315 York Road, Willow Grove, Pa. 19090, 2nd Floor Community Room
Cost: $75.00 for members (log into your PENNBOC account)
Register: All attendees must register online. No mail-in registrations are accepted. Registration closes June 3rd
Questions? Contact Paul Purtell, email@example.com, 267-607-1034.
Be sure you are logged into your PENNBOC account to register as a member.