Topic: 2018 IBC Accessibility & Usability: Commercial and Residential
Description: This seminar focuses on the minimum requirements for new or existing construction of accessible commercial buildings and residential facilities for compliance with the International Building Code® (IBC®) and ICC A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities. It addresses the design, plan review and inspection of buildings and facilities to ensure that people with physical impairments, visual impairments and hearing impairments can use the facilities. Attendees will participate in activities that involve questions and answers, discussion and case study, performing parts of individually and in groups.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize which accessibility requirements are enforceable by the building official.
- Determine the extent to which accessibility code provisions apply to the design and construction of any facility, as well as the alteration or change of occupancy of an existing building.
- Identify the basis for the technical requirements set forth in the referenced standard.
- Identify scoping and technical requirements for:
- Exterior accessible routes (accessible routes criteria, accessible parking spaces, curb ramps and signage);
- Accessible entry and means of egress (entrances, means of egress, areas of refuge, exterior area for assisted rescue);
- Interior accessible routes (accessible route criteria, elevators, lifts, ramps and doors);
- Building features and facilities (toilet and bathing facilities, drinking fountains and customer service facilities);
- Special occupancies (assembly, judicial facilities, self-service storage)
- Recreational facilities
- Dwelling and sleeping units (transient lodging, institutional units, permanent housing);
- Existing structure requirements in the International Existing Building Code (IEBC).
Continuing Ed: This training session is 6 hours and offers .6 CEU’s.
Date: June 8, 2023
Time: Membership meeting starts at 8:00 AM & training starts at 8:30 AM
Location: Giant Food Store, 2nd floor community room. 315 N. York Road, Willow Grove, Pa. 19090
Cost: $25.00 for members only
Register: All attendees must register online. No mail-in registrations are accepted. Registration closes June 1st. Seating is limited so register early.
Questions? Contact Bob Rosser, firstname.lastname@example.org 267-607-1035.
Be sure you are logged into your PENNBOC account to register as a member.