PENNBOC REGION 1 TRAINING COURSE
Topic: 2018 IBC Firestopping, Joint Systems & Damper
Description: This course discusses the details and requirements for dampers, penetration firestops and joint systems. Including a look at the concepts, testing, and installation and where each of the systems is required by the code. The IBC uses fire-resistive rated assemblies to protect the building`s structural system, to separate adjacent spaces within the building that are not compatible, or to separate and protect adjacent buildings. In addition, the code uses smoke-resistant assemblies to limit the spread of smoke within a building and the dangers it would create for the occupants. Any opening or penetration within the rated assemblies has the potential to reduce the assembly`s performance. This course will focus on the protection provided by dampers, penetration firestops and joint systems to ensure the building and occupants are adequately protected.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the testing and performance of rated assemblies.
- Identify code requirements and referenced standards applicable to each of the various protection systems.
- Recognize the distinction of through penetrations and membrane penetrations and the means to protect them.
- Recognize the importance of the manufacturer`s installation instructions.
- Analyze a typical damper or penetration installation to ensure compliance with code and standard requirements.
- Identify some of the common mistakes made in protecting openings and penetrations.
- Discuss some of the non-code issues that are necessary for proper installations and inspections.
Continuing Ed: This training session is 6 hours and offers .6 CEU’s.
Date: March 14, 2024
Time: Membership meeting starts at 8:00 AM & training starts at 8:30 AM
Location: Giant Food Store, 2nd floor community room. 315 N. York Road, Willow Grove, Pa. 19090
Cost: $75.00 for members only
Register: All attendees must register online. No mail-in registrations are accepted. Registration closes Mar 7th. Seating is limited so register early.
Questions? Contact Paul Purtell, email@example.com, 267-607-1034.
Be sure you are logged into your PENNBOC account to register as a member.