The Centre Region Council of Governments is accepting applications for the position of Fire & Life-Safety Inspector, for Centre Region Code Administration, which serves seven municipalities (population of 100,000) in Centre County.
This is a technical level position that includes, in part, the following (for a more complete list refer to the job description):
- Inspection of commercial and residential rental properties for compliance with the provisions of the regionally adopted Centre Region Building Safety & Property Maintenance Code
- Review and examination of construction plans and specifications, and field inspection for new buildings and alterations to existing buildings for compliance with the fire safety provisions of the Uniform Construction Code of Pennsylvania and adopted codes
- Recommend and develop training programs for both staff and the general public
- Participate in the Agency on-call program
- Represent the CRCA in public meetings as assigned by the Agency Director
- Expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the Centre Region Council of Governments and the CRCA.
This position requires communicating with registered design professionals, contractors, and the general public; performing plan reviews, and conducting related field inspections for commercial, residential, industrial, institutional, and hazardous structures; preparing correction notification reports; and assuring activities are completed in accurate, and timely manner; and performing all duties of Fire and Life-Safety Inspector as assigned.
It is preferred, but is not required that the successful candidate have an associate’s degree in fire science architecture, engineering, or related field combined with a two years of building construction or fire safety experience. In addition, the candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate, both orally, and in writing with clarity and precision using email and Microsoft Office computer applications.
The position requires obtaining the following certifications within 36 months of appointment:
• Residential Inspector
• Residential or Commercial Plumbing Inspector
• Residential or Commercial Electrical Inspector
• Residential or Commercial Mechanical Inspector
• Property Maintenance Inspector
• Commercial Building Inspector
• Commercial Building Plans Examiner
• Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner
• Fire Plans Examiner
• Fire Inspector I
• Fire Inspector II
• Fire and Public Life Safety Educator I and II
Compensation is provided for study time, in accordance with agency policy.
Note: All job offers are subject to Pennsylvania State Police Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification, and FBI Background Check.
A valid PA driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment.
The position salary ranges from $56,858 to $65,337 DOQ
A detailed job description and background are available at: www.crcog.net
Cover letters, resumes, and salary requirements should be received by mail or email to:
Centre Region Code Administration
2643 Gateway Dr., Suite #1, State College, PA 16801
Applications will start to be reviewed on July 11, 2022, but will remain open until the position is filled.
All email submissions please include “Fire & Life-Safety Inspector application” in the subject line
All U.S. Mail Submissions please note “Fire & Life-Safety Inspector application” in the cover letter
Centre Region Council of Governments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.