West Bradford Township is seeking applicants for a full-time Codes Clerk. General administrative, computer and receptionist skills are required, as well as general codes/permit knowledge. Position requires a professional, organized, outgoing and pleasant demeanor. Comprehensive benefits with a wage range of $19.00-$24.00 per hour, dependent upon qualifications and experience. Job description can be found on our website at www.westbradford.org. Interested applicants shall submit a cover letter and resume to the Township Manager at email@example.com. Deadline for submission noon on Monday, April 26, 2021. West Bradford Township is an E.O.E.
The completion of specific and/or shared office tasks directly supporting the Township’s codes and permit functions.
- Maintaining knowledge of codes issues and how they are applied in the Township
- Serving as the main codes clerk for the Township
- Answering general inquiries from residents and contractors regarding code enforcement and permitting
- Receipt, review and processing of permits and paperwork through to packets for distribution
- Permit prioritization
- Tracking and maintenance of permit activities within the software database and paper file system
- Preparation of Codes Reports for the B.C.O. to the County, State, and Elected Officials
- Support of Code Enforcement Officers and other staff, in preparation and completion of correspondence and documents
- Check Codes Section of the Township’s website and provide needed updates to web master
- Prepare appeals to the Building Appeals Board
- Conducting required advertising and scheduling for the Township Building Appeals Board
- Maintain and order codes supplies and the distribution of forms and applications Assure telephone and in person contacts to the administration building are answered quickly
- Respond to incoming calls to the Township, direct or respond to inquiries or complaints, greet visitors, accept payments, dispense documents, and prepare receipts
- Assist public and staff with records retrieval
- Any other work that is assigned
The completion of specific and/or shared office tasks directly supporting the Township’s administration functions such as general word processing and database population, maintenance of the office file system, records retrieval, ad-hoc committee support, and general document and file management and organization.
Other additional support activities may include the scheduling of park pavilion reservations, support for Township refuse and recycling program, providing public keys for recreational facilities, ordering of office supplies, and selling leaf bags & trash stickers.
SAFETY COMMITTEE SECRETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create monthly agendas and distribute to Committee Members.
- Record meeting minutes.
- Perform safety inspection of Township buildings.
- Send required reports to Insurance Company.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Be able to lift 35 to 40 pounds reaching over-head for file retrieval using a step stool and also be able to climb stairs.
ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: NONE
The Director of Code Enforcement oversees and manages the work pertaining to permits and code enforcement.
The Township Manager oversees and manages the work pertaining to the receptionist position.
EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION/ TRAINING/ ABILITIES
- Must have attained a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have or be able to attain Certified Permit Technician status from the International Code Council within 1 year of hiring.
- Must be able to read permit applications and recognize incomplete permits or those with administrative errors.
- A minimum of two-year experience in working in an office is required. Construction trade office or local government experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology and computers. Microsoft Office software is standard in the Township Administrative/Codes Section. MS Word will be used on a daily basis. MS Access and Excel knowledge is a bonus. MS FrontPage or Adobe Designer, or equivalent, knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to deal with the public in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Must possess organizational skills that allow the accomplishment of assigned duties proficiently.
- Must possess the ability to determine the needs of upset or misinformed citizens and direct them to the person who is able to respond to their comments. This requires independent thought, initiative, and innovation.
- Must be able to utilize all office equipment without detailed instructions.
- Willingness to learn and grow in the position.
The statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by a person in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the job.
No direct supervision of other employees is involved with this position.